04 Mar 2015
Procedure for Registering a Hotel
WHOLLY OWNED BY LOCALS BUT CAN BE OPERATED BY FOREIGNERS
- Operating Tourist Hotel included in the Memorandum of Association
- Business name registration
Completing submitting the forms
- If the operator is a company need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of Registration, Articles and Memorandum of Association of Company
- ID card copies of all shareholders and Directors
- Official document confirming the Shareholders and Directors of the company if different from the registration documents
- Partnership, copy of Registration and Partnership Agreement
- ID card copies of all partners
- Official document confirming the current partners if different form the Partnership Agreement
- Original of previous license
- If the operator is other than the owner, a copy of the lease/management agreement. (There should be a clause in the agreement allowing for the use of the premises as a tourist hotel)
- If the operator is an individual copy of the National ID card
- If the operator is a foreign individual copy of Passport, Work Permit and Visa
- Permission from the relevantGovernment Authority to use the building as a Tourist Hotel
- A copy of registration certificate for land and building
- A copy of whole cover insurance of the building
- If a Restaurant is operating in the Guesthouse need to submit the relevant registrations from the relevant Government Authorities
Processing & Payment Fees
- A registration charge of MRF 10, 000 for all new Tourist Hotel registrations
- Once all the documents are complete and approved, Ministry will call for an inspection to check the guesthouse.
- After conducting an inspection of the tourist hotel and if the tourist hotel complies with the mandatory standards of the Ministry, then the license will be processed.
Collection of the Registration Certificate & Other Documents
- The Ministry will call the operator to collect the license.
- Check the license certificate for verification and if any problem is noticed, please consult a registration unit staff.