04 Mar 2015
Procedure for Registering a Guesthouse
WHOLLY OWNED AND OPERATED BY LOCALS
- All shareholders/Partners are Maldivian Citizens
- Memorandum of the Company does not state foreigners to be the share holders of the company.
- If guest house is Operated by a company the Memorandum of Association should include guest house operation
- Business name registered at Ministry of Economic development or Local Council
Completing submitting the forms
- If the operator is a company need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of Registration, Articles and Memorandum of Association of Company
- ID card copies of all shareholders and Directors
- Official document confirming the Shareholders and Directors of the company if different from the registration documents
- Partnership, copy of Registration and Partnership Agreement
- ID card copies of all partners
- Official document confirming the current partners if different form the Partnership Agreement
- Original of previous license
- If the operator is other than the owner, a copy of the lease/management agreement. (There should be a clause in the agreement allowing for the use of the premises as a guesthouse)
- If the operator is an individual copy of the National ID card
- Permission from the relevant Government Authority to use the building as a Tourist Guesthouse
- A copy of registry of the building
- A copy of whole cover insurance of the building
- If a Restaurant is operating in the Guesthouse need to submit the relevant registrations from the relevant Government Authorities
Processing & Payment Fees
- A registration charge of MRF 5000 for all new Guesthouse registrations
- Once all the documents are complete and approved, Ministry will call for an inspection to check the guesthouse.
- After conducting an inspection of the guesthouse and if the guesthouse complies with the mandatory standards of the Ministry, then the license will be processed.
Collection of the Registration Certificate & Other Documents
- The Ministry will call the operator to collect the license.
- Check the license certificate for verification and if any problem is noticed, please consult a registration unit staff on