Latest update on Novel Coronavirus (12th February 2020)
- No confirmed cases of Coronavirus have been reported in Maldives yet.
- The Novel Coronavirus was first reported from Wuhan, China on 31st December 2019.
- According to WHO, the main symptoms include fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. WHO advices to protect yourself and stay healthy while travelling.
- As advised by WHO for entry screening in countries without transmission of novel coronavirus 2019-nCov, all international tourists and Maldivian citizens arriving to Maldives on international flights will be screened for temperature upon entry. Arrivals will be asked to complete a health declaration card.
- Furthermore, following WHO precautionary measures, effective from 30th January 2020, the government of Republic of Maldives has decided to suspend all direct inbound flights from China to Maldives.
- As of 3rd of February 2020, Maldives has restricted the entry of all persons, regardless of nationality, who have China as their port of embarkation or have transited through mainland China or have traveled to China within the last 14 days (the only exclusion being Maldivian citizens). Travelers falling into these criteria may have to stay at the airport until they are returned to their last port of embarkation on the earliest available flight.
- All travelers visiting Maldives should check latest updates on arrival and departure flights to Maldives.
- If you are a traveler returning to China, please consult with your respective tourist establishment and airline, to confirm your return flight before heading to the airport.
- Keep in touch with your travel agents and foreign embassies in Maldives should you need any assistance while staying in Maldives.
If you are a traveler currently in Maldives, that has recently traveled to China within the last 14 days and are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties please stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu, inform the relevant tourism establishment that you are staying in and proceed to call the 24/7 Health Protection Agency hotline at 1676.
Coronavirus Updates and Control Measures
06 February 2020
Administration reveals the latest on Coronavirus safeguards
02 February 2020
7 Maldivians relocated from Wuhan to Delhi for Quarantine
31 January 2020
President inquires latest updates on Coronavirus precautions